Monday, November 3, 2008

Do We Really Honor God?

Do We Really Honor God?
God makes an important and very specific promise in I Samuel 2:30. The Bible says, "But now the Lord declares: I promise that I will honor those who honor me, and those who despise me will be considered insignificant." Eli was very old and he began to hear things that his sons were doing. They were having improper relationships with the women who served at the gate of the tent of meeting. Eli told his sons that the thing he was hearing about them was not good and the news was spreading fast. Eli's sons would not listen to him; they just ignored the warnings of their father and of God.

How are you doing with your attitudes and actions? I remember when I was a teen that I felt like my Christianity was fulfilled if I attended Sunday school and church and if I went on Wednesday nights I would get extra credit from God. Being a Christian teen is more than just showing by your actions it's showing by your action, your attitude and your heart.

Read I Samuel 2:22-36 and you will see the seriousness of God's promises.